Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Dawning

Why do I sing?
For the same reason
The birds sing
Its an extension
Of the breath of life
That fills them each morning
When they see the sun rise

Why do I smile?
For the same reason
The cats purr
Its as natural
as yawning when tired
He purrs when a contented sigh
Is soothing his bones

Why do I dance?
For the same reason
The dogs chase
Its as the body
Is an outpouring of thought
Of delighted joy
Bubbling from their paws

Why do I pray?
For the same reason
The morning dawns
Its an overwhelming need
To thank the creator
Who condensed all of this delicate beauty
In one span of a moment

I am one of God's creations
Ahhh,,,But only one
Each reflects
His intelligence
Creativity
Compassion
And joy
In today's moment
poem by Laura yoder written in the dawn of this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment